Manifest Your Dream
Business & Life
Business management is the process of developing the strategies, plans, procedures and policies that guide a business on both a day-to-day and long-term basis. It involves coordinating human, financial and material resources to achieve organizational objectives.
Business managers typically:
- Assist companies in reaching goals and objectives related to sales, productivity, profitability and industry penetration, among other areas
- Supervise a single department
- Direct the overall operations of privately owned businesses, publicly held corporations and nonprofit institutions in a broad range of industries
- Analyze data
- Make crucial business decisions
- Hire, train and evaluate employees
- Ensure that a company is on track to meet financial goals
- Develop and implement budgets
- Prepare reports for senior management
- Ensure the department complies with company polices
- Ensure workers have the resources to complete their work
- Assess the performance of the department or company against goals and plans
- Perform human resource activities such as performance evaluations, hiring and discipline
- Motivate workers through incentives and positive feedback
AS YOUR BUSINESS MANAGER I WEAR A VARIETY O’ HATS
- Build effective online marketing strategies for customer acquisition and retention.
- Apply social media, mobile and emerging technologies as marketing and promotional tactics.
- Track and measure online marketing campaigns using analytical services.
- Build and promote a web presence, and identify critical success factors associated with web performance.
- Integrate key analytics and consumer behavior into your online marketing efforts.
- Implement B2B strategies and e-business models.
The digital age is transforming the field of marketing just as it is reshaping much of how we live, learn, work and play.
“The Internet continues to connect advertisers and marketers to customers from Boston to Berlin with text, interactive graphics, video and audio,” the U.S. Small Business Administration notes.
Consider just a few statistics:
- Worldwide, revenue from Internet advertising will reach almost $240 billion in 2019, up from $135 billion in 2014, PriceWaterhouseCoopers reported.
- In the United States, 38% of marketers expect to reallocate financial resources from traditional mass advertising to digital channels as social media and mobile continue to influence strategies, according to a 2015 report by Salesforce.
- By 2019, marketers will spend in excess of $103 billion on social media marketing, search marketing, email marketing and display marketing, surpassing spending on TV advertising, Forrester reported in 2014.
There were more than 7 billion mobile devices and connections globally in 2014 and mobile data traffic increased 69% that year, according to a 2015 report by Cisco.
Because of these studies you need someone versed in Internet Marketing. Someone who understands the significance of a site that is pretty & functional. Who knows how vital using keywords, tags and meta tags is. Someone who knows how to harness the power of the internet.
Project management consultants bring specialized skills and knowledge to assist companies in making the best possible business decisions. They typically provide oversight and leadership in executing projects from planning to completion. Daily tasks can include managing budgets, resources and relationships to achieve organizational objectives, as well as planning, developing and executing schedules to ensure timely completion of projects.
These PM professionals often define and monitor each team member’s role and function, and coordinate all team activities throughout the life-cycle of a project. Identifying and managing project risks and developing solutions are additional duties.
During the execution of a project, a PM consultant analyzes data, and identifies trends and inefficiencies to prevent problems from arising. Providing road-maps and periodic recommendations to senior management are common functions of the role, as is the creation and implementation of mitigation and contingency plans.
Other tasks required of a PM consultant can include: facilitating meetings; building positive relationships with clients, vendors and management; tracking documentation and data collection; creating presentations; and conducting follow-up studies on projects.
- Strategize, plan and implement at business and corporate levels.
- Achieve project objectives while managing constraints.
- Implement a process-based approach to accomplishing work activities.
- Determine which tools or techniques are appropriate during different phases of the project management life-cycle.
I love to read, review and reproof. I LOVE finding typos and being ABLE to correct them (hopefully before you’ve published it!). My next favorite thing is ‘cleaning’ up and organizing. I like to help small business owners and entrepreneurs get all their systems in place: at home, in the office, on the back end of your WordPress site or all the randomly saved files on your desktop! I’m here to help in any capacity I can. I would love to hear about how I can help take the burden off your shoulders so you can do the things you really have a passion for: your vision, your dream, YOUR business. My main objective is to be At Your Service.